Thank you for choosing to book with us – we hope you will enjoy your stay. The following terms and conditions apply to your booking. They form the terms of a legally binding contract between us and you.
All deposits are non refundable and advanced purchase rates are classed as a deposit.
We accept payment by credit or debit card. Payments in cash are accepted as are payments by cheque with a bank card. Payment for any outstanding balance for the cost of your stay and extras incurred during your stay will be payable on departure.
Upon arrival you will be required to provide your card details which we may take a authorisation for payment in the event of:-
– Chargeable breakages/damage
– Breach of no-smoking or pet policy
– Any extras incurred
CANCELLATION BY YOU
If you cancel before 10.00am on the day of arrival there will be no charge for the booking (unless a deposit has been taken in which case please see notes on Deposit). Full payment will be taken if you cancel the room or rooms after 10.00am on the day of arrival. Cancellations must be made or confirmed in writing by post or e-mail. It is recommended that you take out travel insurance which provides for cancellation cover.
CANCELLATION BY US
In the unlikely event that we are forced to cancel your booking we will attempt to offer you alternative accommodation. If suitable accommodation is not available (or acceptable to you) then we will refund all monies already paid by you and confirm that you will not be liable for any further payments to us.
AMENDMENT BY US
If you have booked a specific room, we will try to ensure that this room is available to you. We do however reserve the right to accommodate you in a different room. If this room is not acceptable, you have the right to treat the booking as being cancelled and we will refund all monies already paid by you and confirm that you will not be liable for any further payments to us. If you accept the new room and the new room is normally charged at a lower rate, then the difference will be deducted from the final balance due from you. If the new room is normally charged at a higher rate then you will not be charged the difference. This is the limit of our liability to you in these circumstances.
We are a No Smoking establishment. If we suspect that guests have been smoking in the room, then we reserve the right ask you to leave immediately. You will remain liable for the whole of the cost of your stay. Whether or not you are asked to leave, we also reserve the right to charge a sum equivalent to one night’s stay if we are unable to re-let the room for 24 hours whilst it is fully aired. You will be notified in writing as soon as is reasonably practicable if evidence of smoking is discovered after you depart.
By pre-arrangement, well behaved pets are welcome at a charge of £15.00 per pet per night. Or £25 for two pets per night. Pets are not permitted on the furniture. We reserve the right to charge a sum in the event of damage being caused, or additional cleaning being required. You will be notified in writing as soon as is reasonably practical, if the damage is discovered after you depart. Pets are only allowed in the room and not in public areas apart from moving between the room and the hotel entrance. Owners are responsible for cleaning up mess immediately. Dogs must be kept on leads at all times.
We do not accept any liability for damage to your property or injury to you (or other members of your party) whilst on our premises unless caused by the negligence of us, or our employees.
Any data collected as a result of your booking will be stored in accordance with the provisions of current Data Protection legislation.
OUR LOYALTY CLUB
– Please let us know your membership number each time you make a booking
– One stamp is received per room for each night of your stay
– Your loyalty card can only be stamped on check out when the member is present at the Hotel
– Points cannot be collected at a later date or on a non residential stay
– Stamps collected cannot be redeemed until your next visit
– Stamps can only be collected on full price stays, not in conjunction with any other offer including packages
– Please let us know on booking if you are redeeming your free stay
– Your loyalty card needs to be presented at check in when redeeming your reward
– Rewards cannot be redeemed in conjunction with any other offer or as part payment for a DBB rate, including package rates
– As with any booking, redemption is subject to availability on your requested date or time
– Discounts for meals are taken as 50% off the price stated on the bill
– Stamps can only be collected or redeemed when booking direct with us, not through third party agents
– We cannot accept responsibility for cards lost or damaged in the post
– Westmorland Hotel cannot be held responsible for the loss or theft of loyalty cards
– Lost or stolen cards cannot be reissued with stamps previously earned. However, we are willing to store your card securely at Reception should you wish to leave it here.
– Loyalty rewards may not be exchanged for cash
– Westmorland Hotel reserves the right to vary the terms and conditions of the Loyalty Club at any time without prior notice
– Westmorland Hotel reserve the right to terminate the promotion at any time, but will be sure to provide a minimum of 30 days notice
– Stamps remain valid as long as your most recent stay at Westmorland Hotel is within 12 months
– Westmorland Hotel cancel your Loyalty Club membership and any stamps associated with it, if there has been no collection or activity in a 12 month period.